Beverages: Schramsberg - CA


Schramsberg

I joined Schramsberg Cellar Club in December 2015.  It was a Christmas gift to myself.  This is also the very first wine club I joined.

The Schramsberg estate is tucked into the densely forested slopes of Diamond Mountain, a few miles south of the town of Calistoga, and is home to the oldest hillside vineyards in Napa. It totals 218 acres with 43 acres planted to vines.

Before my time, Schramsberg played a role in world history. The Blanc de Blancs was used for President Nixon’s 1972 “Toast to Peace” with China’s Premier Zhou Enlai. Schramsberg’s sparkling wines have been served at official State functions by every U.S. Presidential administration since. 

First Shipment, December 2015
4 bottles $220
2007 J. Schram Rose
-Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
$150

2008 Extra Brut
-Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
$76
Note:  Drunk and Not my favorite

2013 Davies "Jack & Jamie Reserve" Pinot Noir
Pinot Noir
$65

2012 Blanc De Blancs
-Chardonnay
$39
Note:  Drunk and Good for all occasion - it is a happy drink.









Second Shipment, February 2016
2 bottles $110
It arrived in Lunar New Year
2011 J. Brut Marin County
-Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
$75

2011 Burt Napa Valley Carneros
-Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
$75
Note:  Drunk and Enjoyed



Third Shipment, April 2016
2 bottles $110
2007 J. Schram
-Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
$120

2013 Brut Rose
-Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
$44
Note:  Drunk and Great for summer afternoon





I received a total of 8 bottles of sparkling wine and there are 4 in storage as of July 2016.  The total of three shipments cost $440.  It is approximate $55 per bottle on average.  It is also about $44 per month until October 2016.  It is not that expensive consider this breakdown.  My concern is who would I like to share these bubbles with.  I want to drink with someone I like and loved and someone who appreciated the quality.  When I want to pop open a bottle, it is not easy to finish a bottle by myself.  The Champagne stopper works pretty well but I need to drink a couple days in a row to finish it time.
So far, I like 3 out of the 4 bottles.  The Blanc De Blancs is a no brainer.  I don't need to join the wine club to get it.  However, I will get a discount but needs to pay for shipping if the shipping special is not on at the time.  The shipment anticipation is kind of fun.  Let's see what's up by the December shipment.  Then, I will make a decision to continue or not.


Fourth Shipment, October 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

江綺媚

Recipe: Lemon Chicken Wings【檸檬雞翼】by 吾淑吾食 (ReEdited)+++