I had been reading and seeing plenty of information about LC from professional and the fans. In real honesty, I was stalling a bit because I don't want to ruin the beautiful LC. It was my first and it was a gift. However, the more I read about it. I became confident that I can do it too. Cooking with LC is a process, a journey. You will be rewarded with patient and thoughtfulness. Today, my action begins. Grand Opening! I laid a dish towel in sink to let my Cherry Flying Heart casserole (2QT) "sink in." So, my heart is steady and at ease to avoid any scratches. Next, I lightly clean it with warm soupy water and a sponge. A label is at bottom of the casserole. A LC orange label is in the front of it. They both need to be removed. The LC label should be fairly easy to be peel off. The label at bottom can be removed with the warm soupy water and a little push with my finger nail. On...
Rao's Famous Lemon Chicken (Pollo al Limone) Prep Time: 15 min Inactive Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 30 min Level: Easy Serves: 6 servings Ingredients 2 2 1/2-to-3-pound broiling chickens, halved 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley Lemon Sauce (recipe follows) Directions To attain maximum heat, preheat broiler for at least 15 minutes before using. Broil chicken halves, turning once, for about 30 minutes or until skin is golden-brown and juices run clear when bird is pierced with a fork. Remove chicken from broiler, leaving broiler on. Using a very sharp knife, cut each half into about 6 pieces (leg, thigh, wing, 3 small breast pieces). Place chicken on a baking sheet with sides, of a size that can fit into the broiler. Pour Lemon Sauce over the chicken and toss to coat well. If necessary, divide sauce in half and do this in two batches. Return to broiler and broil for 3 minutes. Turn each piece and broil for an additional minute. Remove from broiler and portion ...
Sweet Potato Pie by Alton Brown http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sweet-potato-pie-recipe/index.html Prep Time: 10 min Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min Level: Easy Serves: 1 (9-inch) pie Ingredients: 1 pound 3 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt 3/4 cup packed, dark brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg 5 egg yolks Salt 1 (9-inch) deep dish, frozen pie shell 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted 1 tablespoon maple syrup Special equipment: steamer basket Note: Important to use to avoid watery potato. Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Put cubed potatoes into steamer basket and place steamer basket into a large pot of simmering water that is no closer than 2 inches from the bottom of basket. Toast 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans Allow to steam for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Mash with potato masher and set aside. Place sweet potatoes ...
Comments