Recipe: Bún Thįt Núóng Vietnamese Cold Rice Noodle with BBQ Chicken 越南BBQ雞撈檬 (5+)

Bún Thįt Núóng Vietnamese Cold Rice Noodle 越南BBQ雞撈檬
Serve 1

Ingredients:
Rice Vermicelli 2 bundles
Lettuce Leaf 4 leaves (Julieann)
BBQ Chicken 1 breast (sliced)

Thai Basil 1 branch (Julieann)
Bean Sprout 1 hand full
Dried Shallot 1 tsp
Green Onion 1 spring (chopped)

Dipping Sauce (Ratio:  1:1:5 but I changed it to 1:1:1:4)
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Fish Sauce
1 Tsp Vinegar
4 Tsp Water
1 Small Lime Juice
1 tsp diced Garlic
1 dash of Red Pepper Flakes

Methods:
  1. Cook the rice vermicelli per the package instruction (e.g. add it to boiling water and cook for 4 minutes)
  2. Rinse the cooked vermicelli in cold water to stop cooking, then drain and set aside
  3. Mix dipping sauce in a small bowl taste to adjust and set aside
  4. In a large noodle bowl, put half of the julienned lettuce in and following by the drained vermicelli, and add the rest of the lettuce.
  5. To plate, put the chicken slices on top and followed by bean sprout (I don't have this ingredient today), and basil.
  6. Sprinkle the green onion and dried shallot on top.
  7. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce on the side.

Notes:
-For one serving, I found two small bundle of vermicelli is sufficient for me because there is a lot of vegetable in the bowl.  By eating slowly to enjoy my meal, I am full and have no leftover.
-For healthier diet reason, I don't pour the sauce in the vermicelli to eat and I skipped the crushed peanut.  I only drizzle a tablespoon of sauce in the bowl and dip in the sauce to add more flavor as needed.  In this case, I don't end up consuming the entire 2 tablespoons of sugar and extra sodium from the fish sauce.
-I made this lunch on the day after the July 4th celebration.  So, the leftover BBQ meat is serving the purpose perfectly.
-The possible combination of this cold rice noodle bowl is limitless!
-Last but not least, I paired this lunch with a refreshing cold fresh white peach cold crew iced tea to balance off the fish sauce saltiness.

 Bún Thįt Núóng Vietnamese Cold Rice Noodle (plus my fancy panty Coralline Algae/海底燕窩) with BBQ Chicken from July 4th 越南BBQ雞撈檬 and White Peach Cold Brew Ice Tea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

江綺媚

Recipe: Lemon Chicken Wings【檸檬雞翼】by 吾淑吾食 (ReEdited)+++